Parking Ritual

Whenever I drive in to work and enter the parking structure my eyes sweep the surroundings, not just for oncoming traffic and NOC shift pedestrians... I look for telltale signs of the Pedi NOC shift crew. On the first stop sign, looking forward before coming up the ramp, I could see Medge's walk run alongside Cherie's long legged stride. Then up the ramp first glance to the left is Leslie's van adorned with patriotic stickers. Further up on the right is Rose's trusty corolla that she lovingly calls her Mercedez Benz or any expensive luxury car she'd thought of calling it that night. Then I park a little bit off the second floor bend by the elevators. Most of the time right next to Grace's "mommy car." When I get out of my car farther up past the elevators is Kathy's fuel efficient civic. I didn't get to work with Gurpreet anymore after the realignment but if I went around the 1st floor (where I used to park) I would see her sleek SUV parked there facing Tennyson... All of these in just a minute. A minute I took for granted before. A minute ritual I do every time I go to work. A little reminder before entering the hospital that my night to work caring for kids would be great because my 2nd family, (not just my co workers) are there that night. A minute reassurance that my going to work is like coming home.

Missing you Pedi NOC crew. Miss everyone on pedi. I hope everyone keeps in touch and cherishes their former "rituals" like I do.

PS sorry to have divulged where you used to park lol

Comments

susan said…
Cherished moments of friends that we take for granted when our routine is changed, well said Luisa...remember the old saying...make new friends but keep the old? Those memories we will keep forever and look forward to keeping the old cherished comfy friends that love us no matter what! But there are new friends that are just as giving if we give them a chance! Much love and comfort to you all! Susan :)

Popular posts from this blog

Dream... catcher?

Age Is Just A Number

It's been awhile.