Dream... catcher?
Ever wake up, and having a nagging memory of a gist of a dream you had during that sleep? And ever having dreams so elaborate, so theatrical, so unbelievably witty that you think you're watching or in a movie? Because you think you can't be that creative to cook that up in your head?
If that dream (the one I had a couple of minutes or hours before I woke up, let's face it that part of your brain doesn't have a concept of time) was not in a movie plot or book that I have read then.... if I could remember the whole thing... it would make a great book or movie! LOL
Now that I'm awake I'm only remembering bits and pieces of that dream. Most of it is slipping away by the minute. I even ended up writing this entry instead of writing the dream down because I.....just forgot the details. It's a dream so it wasn't dedicated to one story, there's a lot going on around it but if I could remember the central one, the dream plot that was too story-worthy to be stuck in my subconscious... I could be writing my first book! Well that is if it's not from a movie that I've already seen or book I've already read.
Have this ever happened to you?
I was successful one or two times in writing down a dream. But the dream was so wacky it doesn't make any sense. I decided to write it down just because it was too memorable. I have it in my notes app somewhere lol
My dreams, if I'm deeply asleep, tend to be a bunch of stories strewn together. If I could look at them objectively or consciously edit them, they're pretty good stories. Sometimes I wake up unbelievably relieved I was dreaming because it was too scary to be real. Sometimes I wake up annoyed because I was dreaming about work, ugh! Sometimes I wake up bummed realizing I was just dreaming because the dream I had was so happy or entertaining. And sometimes I wake up perplexed and seriously questioning my state of (subconscious) mind for having such outrageous dreams.
There is a lot of theories out there about the meaning of dreams. I try not to look into those in case their interpretation of my dream is far too unsavory. I know at least that dreams can be of unwanted thoughts, tucked away in your subconscious or knick knacks of memories you have accumulated and got blended around in a recycling bin, just to resurface in a dream just because your brain decided to use it again so you have a glimpse of some of your stored memory.
I wish I could remember that dream. I soooo wanted to write a book. It's been a dream (the other kind lol) to write one. It has been since elementary years. I even have a pen name picked out. Well I picked it out years ago. I'm not sure if I'll still use it. A pen name for me should be a secret and with my old pen name someone already knows about it. If she can still remember though lol. It was so long ago that I can't even remember the piece I wrote it with. I think it was a 1st chapter of my first book if ever it came into fruition lol. FYI it didn't. I asked this friend of mine to read it, to tell me her thoughts about it. She didn't know it was me at first (or I don't know if she was faking it, it was in my hand writing after all lol) because I used a pen name. I forgot her verdict and with the stresses of a twelve year old (I'm assuming I was such) the book was forgotten.
OK we're straying. This is one of the main reasons I can't write. My thoughts are all over the place.... Just like my dreams....
If that dream (the one I had a couple of minutes or hours before I woke up, let's face it that part of your brain doesn't have a concept of time) was not in a movie plot or book that I have read then.... if I could remember the whole thing... it would make a great book or movie! LOL
Now that I'm awake I'm only remembering bits and pieces of that dream. Most of it is slipping away by the minute. I even ended up writing this entry instead of writing the dream down because I.....just forgot the details. It's a dream so it wasn't dedicated to one story, there's a lot going on around it but if I could remember the central one, the dream plot that was too story-worthy to be stuck in my subconscious... I could be writing my first book! Well that is if it's not from a movie that I've already seen or book I've already read.
Have this ever happened to you?
I was successful one or two times in writing down a dream. But the dream was so wacky it doesn't make any sense. I decided to write it down just because it was too memorable. I have it in my notes app somewhere lol
My dreams, if I'm deeply asleep, tend to be a bunch of stories strewn together. If I could look at them objectively or consciously edit them, they're pretty good stories. Sometimes I wake up unbelievably relieved I was dreaming because it was too scary to be real. Sometimes I wake up annoyed because I was dreaming about work, ugh! Sometimes I wake up bummed realizing I was just dreaming because the dream I had was so happy or entertaining. And sometimes I wake up perplexed and seriously questioning my state of (subconscious) mind for having such outrageous dreams.
There is a lot of theories out there about the meaning of dreams. I try not to look into those in case their interpretation of my dream is far too unsavory. I know at least that dreams can be of unwanted thoughts, tucked away in your subconscious or knick knacks of memories you have accumulated and got blended around in a recycling bin, just to resurface in a dream just because your brain decided to use it again so you have a glimpse of some of your stored memory.
I wish I could remember that dream. I soooo wanted to write a book. It's been a dream (the other kind lol) to write one. It has been since elementary years. I even have a pen name picked out. Well I picked it out years ago. I'm not sure if I'll still use it. A pen name for me should be a secret and with my old pen name someone already knows about it. If she can still remember though lol. It was so long ago that I can't even remember the piece I wrote it with. I think it was a 1st chapter of my first book if ever it came into fruition lol. FYI it didn't. I asked this friend of mine to read it, to tell me her thoughts about it. She didn't know it was me at first (or I don't know if she was faking it, it was in my hand writing after all lol) because I used a pen name. I forgot her verdict and with the stresses of a twelve year old (I'm assuming I was such) the book was forgotten.
OK we're straying. This is one of the main reasons I can't write. My thoughts are all over the place.... Just like my dreams....
Comments