Filoli


Flower Girl, originally uploaded by LuiGirl.

I read romantic novels. It can be contemporary, suspense, comedy, historical or whatever as long as there is a love story involved, I read. You might be thinking, "what is she getting at? How is her picture related to novels?" Ahh, well I was able to go to a place where you could imagine a Historical Romance Novel could take place at. In this picture I was posing near the beautiful flower arrangement inside a gazebo that can be found in Filoli. The Filoli Estate (as I could quote) is recognized as one of the finest remaining country estates of the early 20th century. I wouldn't be able to give justice in describing the place through my words so I suggest you go to their website by clicking on the link that I made.

So romantic novels right? Before, I was having a bit of a hard time imagining the houses that the historical novels depict. But after my trip to Filoli, it all made sense. When I stepped inside the Bourn Mansion, it felt like I was transported to a time where parties meant having a "Ball" in the magnificent ballroom or "spending time to smell the roses" in a majestic garden. The place is BEAUTIFUL! If you appreciate art and history, explore the mansion and if you're a nature lover, you would fall head over heels in love with the garden.

My trip to Filoli, made me nostalgic, and doe eyed to the beauty and simplicity of the times when ladies wear gowns to tea parties and gentlemen retire to the parlor after dinner to discuss business. It is a nice place to visit and a beautiful place to enjoy mother nature.

"Fight for a just cause; Love your fellow man; Live a good life."

Comments

liza said…
hi lui! nice pic! you know i share the same sentiment with romance novels...

Popular posts from this blog

Dream... catcher?

Age Is Just A Number

It's been awhile.